Mission Statement / Background: The New York Foundation for Fair Contracting (“NYFFC”) is a labor-management non-profit with a mission to “level the playing field” in public works construction for the benefit of workers, responsible contractors, and taxpayers.
Job Summary:The Construction Analyst is an integral member of the NYFFC team. The Analyst supports the work of the NYFFC by monitoring the local public construction marketplace for compliance with prevailing wage and responsible contracting standards. The Analyst reports to the Director and the NYFFC Board. This position will provide critical operations and administrative support to NYFFC staff and partners.
• Assist disaffected workers in recovering unpaid wages and benefits.
• Analyze payroll documents and contractor records to evaluate compliance with prevailing wage laws and• other rules governing construction contracts.
• Liaise with government officials to advance responsible contracting standards and pursue enforcement action• for violations of such.
• Track public works construction project data.
• Conduct industry and market research: Research and monitor important changes and developments in the• New York construction industry.
• Translate project requirements into milestones, budgets and assignments.
• Passion for issues of importance to working people.
• Excellent people skills and interest in relationship building with a variety of people and institutions.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Digital literacy with ability to adopt new systems and platforms as needed.
• Self-driven and curious with strong organizational skills.
• Knowledge of New York State and federal labor laws pertaining to the construction industry a plus.
• Familiarity with the construction industry, the legislative process, and database systems a plus.
• Position involves local travel. Must have reliable transportation.
• Minimum Experience: A bachelor’s degree + 3-5 years of experience, a master’s degree + 2-3 years of experience, or a minimum of six or more years of continued professional growth in a demanding non-profit or government setting.
Hours: Full time, Monday through Friday. Flexible scheduling available. Position involves hybrid work and some periodic in-state and out-of-state travel.
Salary: $60,000 a year. Benefits include health insurance, pension, and paid time off.
Interested persons may submit a resume or CV, cover letter, and list of references to email@example.com by March 1, 2023.
The NYFFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring decisions are made based upon a candidate’s qualifications for the position. We are committed to an inclusive workplace free of discrimination.